Thursday 11 September 2014

The Witches - Jenny Canning

Nice Witch 



I've been a massive fan of Roald Dahl since I was a little girl, so I was absolutely thrilled to be involved in this amazing project. Even though I love all of Roald Dahl's work, there are a few particular books that have stuck with me over the rest, and one of those was The Witches. Dahl's descriptions of children "smelling like dogs droppings" to the witches, amused my childhood-self no end, and I knew that his vivid depictions of their toeless feet, long clawed fingers, flaring nostrils and bald, spotty heads would make for a great sugar project. I chose to make a model of the assistant witch discarding her "human" disguise in the hotel function hall, as I have always envisioned the scene from Quentin Blake's drawings. I hope you enjoy my interpretation of it. 

Jenny Canning - The Little Cake Fairy 

No comments:

Post a Comment