Thursday 11 September 2014

Fantastic Mr. Fox - Philip Mullen

The Burrow



I  was delighted to get the opportunity to make a piece based on the wonderful Fantastic Mr Fox. It was one of my favourite Roald Dahl books as a child and I fell in love with it all over again after reading it for inspiration before starting my piece.

In recreating the Fox Family den, I took my main inspiration from one of the many different book covers and the start of chapter two:

"On a hill above the valley there was a wood. In the wood there was a huge tree. Under the tree there was a hole. In the hole lived Mr Fox and Mrs Fox and their four Small Foxes."

The chance to make something so different and detailed from sugar and chocolate made the whole experience so much more fun. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did creating it.

Philip Mullen - Kickshaw Cakes

1 comment: