Thursday 11 September 2014

Danny, Champion of the World - Barbara Franzoni

Danny


Danny at his father's Garage (from Danny the Champion of The World)

The very first proper book I ever owned was Danny The Champion of The World, given to me by my mother at Christmas - I may have been 8 or thereabouts.  Anyhow, it was the first Roald Dahl book I ever read and I loved it, really loved it.  I must have read it at least a dozen times and it opened up for me the wonderful world of book reading for pleasure.  The love of reading is a wonderful thing, it will stay with you as you get older, keeping your mind young and your imagination open as every new book brings a deeply emotional bond with a new set of friends, a new set of experiences and a new adventure to be a part of - and I know that Roald Dahl and Danny played a massive part in triggering my lifelong love of book reading.




No comments:

Post a Comment