Thursday 11 September 2014

George's Marvellous Medicine - Amy Millar

George



 I chose George from George's Marvelous Medicine for my piece. It was my favourite Roald Dahl book when I was younger and I still read it to my kids now. I originally chose a different picture of George but decided I'd prefer the bathroom scene as it had more detail and it was where his marvelous concoction  began. I made all the bathroom furniture from pastillage and kept the whole scene in pale colours, apart from George and all the lotions and potions. I outlined everything in black to make it more cartoony and try and reflect Quentin Blake's style as much as possible. I got great enjoyment out of making this piece and am so thrilled to be a part of this fab project!

Amy Millar, Cake-a-licious


No comments:

Post a Comment