Thursday 11 September 2014

The Enormous Crocodile - Tanya Ross

Trunky




I was both honoured and delighted to be invited to join this collaboration as Roald Dahl was a huge part of my childhood. My Mum introduced me to his books and many a happy afternoon was spent immersed in  his stories and Quentin Blake's illustrations. Thanks to being part of this exciting project, I got to rediscover this pleasure and try to put it into cake. I got Trunky, the elephant from the story, The Enormous Crocodile", and I was delighted to get him, I love elephants, I love Roald Dahl and I love making cakes!! The biggest challenge was trying to do it in the style of Quentin Blake's amazing drawings, it's not often we cakers get to make shakey lines and less than smooth finishes. It was a privilege and a pleasure and I hope our cakes make your children want to explore the world of Roald Dahl, and make the grown ups want to re-read these amazing books.......and eat cake!


Tanya RossNovel-T Cakes

No comments:

Post a Comment